The Alpha-1 Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website. Information we collect is used to improve our site, provide you a better experience, and respond to your questions and requests.
We collect two types of information on our website:
1. Web server traffic information: This information is used to determine the number of visitors to our site, length of stay and sources of traffic. We collect aggregate data – or total of those visiting from a domain – not information identifying individual users. We use this information to help improve our site and service to you.
2. Personal information provided by you: We collect email addresses and other personal information only when you provide it to us. If you fill-out a form or survey, request information or make a donation, we collect your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number and email address.
Use of Personal Information
The Alpha-1 Foundation collects information from different points on our website. We do NOT sell, trade or rent our website visitor’s personal information to others. If you willingly provide us your personal information, the Alpha-1 Foundation may use it in the following ways:
1. Donations: When you make an online donation to us you are directly placed on our mailing list to receive publications and other mailings either via regular mail or email. As a donor, you may request to have your name removed from these mailing lists.
2. Email information requests and questions: When we respond to your email request or questions, we collect your information and directly place you on our mailing list to receive publications and other mailings via regular mail or email. To opt-out and remove your name from future emails or mailings, just follow the procedure outlined below.
By using the Alpha-1 Foundation’s website, you consent to the collection and use of the information described above.
We respect your privacy and we do not require that you provide any information to us in order to view our site. We also recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following information:
1. To remove your name from mailing lists, please provide your full name, mailing address, and/or your email address and a sentence requesting removal.
2. To correct your personal information with the Alpha-1 Foundation, please provide your name and/or email address and a sentence explaining the correction.
We take every precaution to protect your personal information. At the Alpha-1 Foundation, your personal information is kept confidential and stored in a secure environment, and access to your information is restricted only to authorized staff with a legitimate and specific business purpose. For example, our finance department needs access to information to process online donations.
www.alpha-1foundation.org is owned and maintained by the Alpha-1 Foundation. If you have any questions about your privacy, the use of information collected, or the security of our website, send an email to the website manager at email@example.com, or to the privacy official at firstname.lastname@example.org.